My kids love to help me in the kitchen, usually by making a mess but that’s neither here nor there.
One recipe they’ve really gotten into is for gummies. My 4-year old will ask on an almost weekly basis if we can make more. It’s real simple, all he really needs me for is opening the jello and making sure he doesn’t burn himself on the stove.
Tools needed are:
- silicon molds
- measuring cup
- small pot
- whisk/spoon to stir
- pam cooking spray
- unflavored gelatin
Read below for the recipe.
- 1 6oz packet of jello
- 3 packets of unflavored geletain (.75 oz total)
- 3/4 cup water
- Spray cooking spray into silicon molds; this will make getting the gummies out easier.
- Add Jello, unflavored gelatin, and water in small pot, heat on low and stir until well combined and smooth.
- Use dropper to fill molds.
- Freeze until solid.
- Remove from molds and store in an air tight container in refrigerator.
We purchased our molds from Amazon.com
They are various shapes and sizes, so naturally depending on how big your molds are will depend on how many gummies you will end up with.