I’m not a beer girl nor am I a wine chick. They’re just not for me, I prefer cocktails, margarita’s, martini’s, any mixed drink really. It’s almost officially Autumn, the grocery store has apple cider and I was so excited because I love apple cider. I barely got any apple cider because Caspar was hogging it so before he finished off the gallon I decided to make myself a drink. I’ve made this many times, I’m not sure if it even has a name, I just know it taste good. I made a caramel apple drink, it had caramel vodka and apple cider. (From the picture you can see I also heated up a frozen pizza for dinner, it may have been a rough day.) Cherokee told me I needed to share the recipe, I told her I couldn’t because I don’t have one. I never measure anything out, I just wing it. If there’s too much vodka just add some more juice or suck it up. (I’m in my 20’s, give me a break.) So I went around looking online for a recipe, after trying it out I decided to share this one from Inspired by Charm who made the drink into a martini.
The ingredients needed are:
- 2 ounces of Apple Cider
- 2 ounces of Caramel Vodka
- 2 ounces of Butterscotch Schnapps
- Apple slice or cinnamon sugar for garnish (optional)
The instructions are:
- Rim your martini glass with caramel or cinnamon sugar, to get the sugar to stick you can dip it in some apple cider first then the sugar.
- Combine the apple cider, caramel vodka and butterscotch schnapps into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake. I do not own a shaker so I stirred mine instead.
- If you use a shaker you can then poor the mixture into a martini glass.
So there it is and I hope you enjoy it! You can also opt out the butterscotch Schnapps and keep it just the apple cider with vodka or play around with other flavors.