A friend of mine had a cookout for her birthday and I asked if I could bring a dessert. I’m not a cake person but mention cookies and I keep the entire tray to myself.
I made these cute mini burger cookies, they were so simple to make and everyone loved them.
I used the large bag of sugar cookie mix and canned frosting for these but feel free to make your own.
The ingredients you will need are:
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix ( 1 lb 1.5 oz)
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- Green food coloring
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- 16 chocolate covered peppermint patties
- 1 tube red decorating icing
- 1 tube yellow decorating icing
- Heat oven to 375 F. In a medium bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Shape dough into 31 (1 inch) balls. On a greased cookie sheet place balls 1 inch apart and bake for 10-12 minutes or until set and edges are a light golden brown. Cool for 1 minute then remove to cool rack to cool completely.
- In a small resealable freezer/sandwich bag, place coconut; add a few drops of food color. Seal bag and shake until coconut is evenly tinted. Spread thin layer of vanilla frosting on bottom of each cookie.
- For each burger, place 1 peppermint patty on frosted side of 1 cookie. Pipe red and yellow icing on peppermint patty as you ketchup/mustard. Top each with green coconut for lettuce, (about 1/2 tsp). Top with a second cookie, frosting side down, gently press together.
And there you have it! See, I told you they were easy to make. This is a cute dessert to take to any party or even to make for yourself with the kids. I know they will have fun putting the burgers together because mine did.