A dish that my mother-in-law always makes for family get-togethers is her cheese ball. She makes it for most parties, Thanksgiving, and Christmas; we’ve had it so much and taken it to my family functions that it seems like its expected. At least by my Grandma.
With my Grandma hosting Thanksgiving this year, it didn’t leave much for me to do; she’s pretty stubborn that way. So, I figured I would make her the cheese ball, something I know for sure she’ll eat and never turn down.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Buddig’s Sliced Beef (6 oz.)
- Three 8oz Cream Cheese
- 3-4 Tbsp Slaw Dressing
- Lowry’s Seasoned Salt
- Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- white onion (one medium or two small)
- In a large mixing bowl, put cream cheese to soften
- Finely chop the sliced beef (I use the manual food processor I purchased from pampered chef) and put into a smaller mixing bowl
- Finely chop the onion and add to the beef
- Add the Worcestershire sauce to the onion beef mixture
- Sprinkle the Lowry’s Seasoned Salt and Garlic (to the beef/onion mix) so the mixture is lightly coated (with each)
- Mix well then add to the cream cheese
- Mix all ingredients together well and form into a ball
- Chill overnight or until firm
You can form one large, two medium, or three small sized balls (before chilling into the freezer), personally I never do this. Then serve with your favorite crackers.
Try this upcoming Holiday season, its sure to be a hit!!