My local grocery store runs a sale on chicken thighs/drumsticks quite frequently, as low as 98 cents a pound. I think thats an awesome deal, so I usually always have chicken in my freezer.
Sometimes, however, I get bored with baked chicken and “average” side dishes. Not that I don’t love mashed potatoes and whatnot. But sometimes I want more.
So… I threw a bunch of my favorite vegetables on a tray, topped it with the chicken legs I had on hand, and roasted it in the oven. It was amazing.
- 1 medium red onion, cut into petals, or wedges
- 2 handfuls of green beans
- 10 red potatoes, halved or quartered (more if desired)
- Olive oil
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced (I ran out so I also added garlic powder)
- 2 bell Peppers of desired color, cut into “sticks”
- 4 large carrots, cut into sticks
- Head of brocolli
- Up to 2lbs chicken drumsticks (or thighs)
- Salt and pepper to taste (I use fresh ground pepper and sea salt)
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Wash a prepare all vegetables
- Once all vegetables are prepped, toss in a large bowl with some olive oil and the minced garlic
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Add vegetables to prepared cooking tray and place chicken on top (I added a bit more olive oil and garlic at this point)
- Season with salt, pepper, and rosemary
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until chicken is cooked and potatoes are easily pierced with fork
This fed my family of 5 with plenty of leftovers. 🙂