My family loves French toast… it’s honestly the only thing I can get my 5 year old to eat for breakfast, aside from AppleJacks. It’s my bonus-sons favorite meal I make.
I probably make it at least three times a week, always fresh because “the fridge changes the chemistry,” wise words from my son.
I thought I’d share how I make it with you.
- 6 eggs
- 10 slices of bread
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Butter, softened
- Powdered sugar, optional
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon – I add more as I go, since everyone in my home like theirs cinnamon-y
- In a shallow dish, beat eggs
- Mix milk into eggs
- Add 7 or so drops of vanilla to milk/egg mixture
- Add cinnamon
- Heat griddle [pan] over medium heat
- While pan heats up, dip/soak bread slice in egg mixture for a ten count each side
- Cook on griddle 2-3 minutes, each side
- Plate and add a dollop of butter
- After butter has melted, sprinkle powdered sugar over slices
I don’t plate it all cute, if I do then the butter doesn’t coat the slices nicely enough to make “icing” with the sugar.
I always serve it to my children with a side dish of mixed berries, a banana, or apple slices.
How do you like your French toast?