I love chocolate icing. I find it tastes the best when smothered over Graham crackers, animals crackers, and cakes… naturally.
I know that recently my sister posted an awesome recipe for milk free chocolate icing, but.. maybe you’re not into that? No worries, I’ve got you covered
This recipe will make a decent amount of frosting, about two cups; enough to cover a 13×9 cake.
I use Hershey’s Unsweetened cocoa. Having a good brand of cocoa makes all the difference and this is one of my favorites. I also use whole milk when I make this. The added fat content seems to make the icing.. “richer” for lack of a better work.
- 1/3 Cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 2-3 Cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 Cup of milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Melt better in small sauce pan over low heat.
- Add cocoa, stir until thick and smooth; remove from heat.
- Pour cocoa mixture into a medium sized bowl or stand mixer bowl.
- Add vanilla.
- Add milk and powdered sugar, alternating between the two.
- Beat/whisk until desired consistency.